Wednesday, May 21, 2003

...As I was web surfing I found an article in Persian blogger chronicles that was really interesting for me, you know there are many ones who criticize the Farsi blogging society but I found it the best likening , although I believe that this Toilet Graffiti can be really useful & revolutionary!

Blogs and Toilet Graffiti:
"A friend of mine recently told my younger brother in Iran that he thought blogging among Iranians was an evolution of toilet graffiti. I laughed out loud when I first heard this... but upon some reflection, I realized that my friend had made a very profound and provocative statement.

one of my favorite pastimes was to read the graffiti behind several of the toilet doors, particularly one that featured works by some very interesting and colorful graffitists. The "posts" were updated almost daily, and with some careful observation, you could decipher the different handwritings to tell if one graffitist had written a new post. I remember one particular string of graffiti written with large blue markers on the tiles near the ceiling, with their content mostly being verbal assaults against people who smoked in the hallways. Another graffitist once wrote a long and hilarious post detailing what he considered to be the "standards" of toilet graffiti, including "writing concisely" and "avoiding spelling-mistakes". Other graffiti was directed against section and department managers in the organization, the pay-roll office, and government officials....."

No comments:

Post a Comment