Friday, June 13, 2003

The summer of victory!
...I've just come home & I'm so much excited that the only thing I can do at the time is writing about whatever I saw this night; you know from this moment I really have no doubt that the freedom is coming soon, so much sooner than even optimistic politicians expect.
It was the forth night of demonstrations & like other times the main place was Amirabad street , so policemen where standing everywhere in order to don't let people go to the main ways , but people were in different alleys & it was a huge number of people but a bit scattered...I had gone with my father, so we parked the car in one of alleys & walked to the main street, but as I said there were police & also members of Basij & other groups everywhere , & if they could see you twice or more , they became angry & started shouting & even hitting...
Anyway, after about half an hour walking we reached the main place that young boys had lighted fired & were chanting & also breaking coke glasses in the street...suddenly the whole alley became dark & some angry men with maces , chain & big knives started running to the alley from both sides. honestly, that was the most frightening scene that I had even seen in my whole life, but more than being scared of those men & also people who were throwing stones & glasses to them, I was worried for my father that he was really scared too & didn't know what to do, actually we didn't have any ways; you know, there was not a place for all people anymore, there were just some boys who were really so much brave that nothing even that big knives couldn't scare them, . So we were afraid of the shouting & hitting & that fighting between people & Basijis...Finally we found a way a came out of those alleys & went to the street that car was parked, then tried to come there again, but in the car. This time things were much worse, you could only see fire & hear people chanting against government, Khameneiee, khatami & generally all kinds of Mullahs! They were shouting that they want mullahs dead; yes that is what everyone wants. And again Basij men with much more anger & violence came & started hitting people & arresting them, so some started escaping & we also came home....
Now I'm so much excited that I can't sleep & I'm just thinking about future that is not that much vague anymore, some bright points are seen. If things go on like this & these demonstrations continue just for one other week I bet that there'll be no need even to others' support...
This summer will be the last time that we have Islamic republic & hateful mullahs in our country...Yeah, this summer will be the season of Iranians' victory; A hot but cool summer...
Here is also Associated Press' report about the fourth night of demonstrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment