Saturday, June 21, 2003

Excitement…
A new wave of protest has been started in the east of city; Tehranpars. And as it’s reported it’s getting more serious that the last ones in Amirabad Street….but these days I feel some new confusions and beyond those childish excitements, another though has filled my mind;
And that’s concern of the time when our children ask us why? & it will be our duty to give them a logic answer… yes we mush have enough reasons to persuade them we did it all because of this land & we knew what we were doing. I know that at the time that everyone is thinking about plans of demonstrations, talking about my child who will ask me: “why?!!!" is a bit foolish, but I really can't get it out of my mind & as a matter of fact there is another problem that still I can't even find the answer to this question that: What do we want? …Actually I couldn’t find the answer anywhere, not among protesters’ chants, Reza Pahlavi's speeches, politician’s essays or the oppositions’ notes. All of them are complaining about the present situation, saying insults to mullahs & encouraging people to fight against the, what to fight for?!!!

All of us know that in anyways, soon or late, the life of this regime will come to an end & mullahs will escape from country or will be killed by the men of other regime! And things will again be in their right way, the world will forget us again & we have to deal with our daily problems. But what is very depressing for me is the thought that some years later after these battles, I feel that still I don’t owe my share of this world & also don’t have the answer to the next generation questions…

Today, suddenly I felt like taking a look again at the photos of Those Days, (the best ones, taken by kaveh Golestan who died a while ago in Iraq) & this time they seemed to me like they were taken recently from anti-regime demonstrations. You know what was the main similarity? Excitement & lack of hesitation; what is the habit of us iranians at the most important moments of history…

No comments:

Post a Comment